- Falls are the number one reason we see adult patients in the Trauma Center at UNC Hospitals.
- Senior adults are at a higher risk of falling than other adults. While accidents do happen, falls do not have to be a natural part of aging.
- There are many things senior adults and their loved ones can do to reduce their risk of falling while leading a full, active life.
UNC Falls Prevention Programs
- UNC Trauma offers National Fire Protection Association’s Remembering When Fire & Falls Prevention Program presentations
- Matter of Balance Falls Prevention Program coach trainings and classes for seniors
- UNC Trauma Program is a founding member of the Triangle Falls Prevention Coalition (TFPC). The TFPC is a collaboration between three Level 1 Trauma Centers: Duke Trauma, UNC Trauma and Wake Trauma. The collaboration brings together a large region of Trauma RACs (Regional Advisory Committees) in the mid-Carolina region. Quarterly meetings bring together professionals in health care, injury prevention and aging services and provide educational and networking opportunities. For more information please visit the TFPC’s website .
Falls Prevention Tips
Learning & Resources
Senior Safety Tips for the Home Podcast
Traumatic Brain Injury Podcast