Adult Fire Safety and Burn Prevention
Trauma patients often have burns and fire injuries that must be treated while at the hospital. As a partner to the NC Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Hospitals, UNC Trauma is committed to spreading fire and burn prevention awareness and education as part of our injury prevention efforts. We partner with the North Carolina Department of Insurance, local fire marshal offices and fire departments, and EMS to provide fire safety education.
We offer the National Fire Protection Association’s Remembering When Fire & Falls Prevention Program presentations to senior adult communities in our Trauma RAC. For more information please email Lindsay Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning & Resources
- National Fire Protection Association
- Senior Safety Fire Tips
- North Carolina Department of Insurance & Office of the State Fire Marshal
- Orange County EMS Fire Marshal Division
- Workplace Fire Prevention
- Burn Prevention for Teens & Adults
- Helping Older Adults Live at Home Safely Presentation from NFPA
- Helping Older Adults Live at Home Safely in Spanish